Saturday 22 November 2014

I will bless those who bless you


(Click on image for larger size.)

The Call of Abram

The Lord had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.

“I will make you into a great nation,
    and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
    and you will be a blessing.
I will bless those who bless you,
    and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
    will be blessed through you.” 
(Courtesy of Bible Gateway)

This great event is the origin of everything that lies behind the troubles in the Middle East, and affects us globally today.

The great Nation God referred to later became clear as being Israel.  However, he finishes this instruction by saying that "all the peoples on earth will be blessed through you" - and as we know, Abraham's eventual offspring was the Messiah Himself, Jeshua. It is through Him that we are blessed.  But it is also because of Him that, if we deny Him, declare that He is not the Son of God, leave Him out of the One Triune God, we are setting ourselves up for being cursed.

No comments:

Post a Comment